Mendham TV produces and airs programming to inform, educate and entertain the community.
Our goals are to:
- Provide a balanced view on issues of relevance to the community.
- Highlight achievements and interests of the community
- Provide current information and schedules of community events
We seek to:
- Document events and activities that will serve as historical archives of our times and people
- Offer a creative outlet for residents and students
- Connect the community
Funded without tax dollars
Mendham TV was created with startup funds from the cable franchise fee. The station has been up and running for over 10 years supported by private funds, no tax dollars. Ongoing operating costs are covered by sponsorships, cable franchise fees, and fundraising activities.
- Geri Bain — Mendham Borough, Board Co-Chair
- George Twill — Mendham Township, Board Co-Chair
- Debbie Bonanno — Mendham Township, Administrator
- Richard Merkt — Mendham Borough, Administrator
- Frank Cioppettini — Mendham Township Committee Rep
- Neil Henry — Mendham Borough Rep
- Tom Kelly — Mendham Township
- Greg Barna — Mendham Borough, Fundraising, Chair of Technical
- Lori Furness — Mendham Township, Fundraising, The Mendies
- Kyle Schickner — Mendham Borough
- Gail Mooney — Mendham Township, Associate
- Michael Merritt — Mendham Township, Treasurer
- Aura Dunn — Mendham Township, Associate
- Evan (Buzzy) Thomas — Mendham Township, Associate
- Doug Black — Station Manager
- Contact — firstname.lastname@example.org
— Frequently Asked Questions —
HOW CAN I VIEW THE CHANNEL?
On Verizon Ch. 22 or Comcast Ch. 29 and our On Demand content.
WHAT IF I ONLY HAVE SATELLITE SERVICE?
You can only get MendhamTV on Verizon Ch. 22 or Comcast Ch. 29, but you can watch On Demand
WHY DON’T WE HAVE MORE PROGRAMS?
Although the station was provided with monies from the cable franchise fund, those monies were earmarked for equipment only not for program production. In order to fund original programming (other than programs which have been donated for airing on the station), MendhamTV relies on private funds through sponsorship and contributions. In the case of independent producers, they would need to raise their own support to create a program.
WHAT ABOUT THE HIGH SCHOOL?
Some members of the MendhamTV Executive Board met with officials of the high school to discuss a partnership. Dialogue is ongoing.
HOW ABOUT SCHOOL GAMES, EVENTS?
Currently, some games and events are filmed and we have aired those games as they become available. If other videographers film sports or special events that contain copyrighted music or dialogue (as in a play), those shows could not be aired without permission from the song’s or play’s publishers.
DOESN’T ANYONE FILM?
The station has a camera that residents are able to use once they are able to verify that they have a basic level of competency in using this camera.
WHAT DO YOU USE THE MONEY FOR?
As mentioned earlier, the monies that the station has received from the cable franchise fund are for equipment only. In order to pay a videographer to produce a program, the station would have to gain underwriting for the program through private funds
HOW IS THE STATION STRUCTURED?
The station is a quasi-governmental, joint entity between Mendham Borough and Mendham Township which is supported by private funds, not tax dollar